Number of persons through Arthur Avenue, our ancestral home of origin:
03 January 2001 to 29 December 2018: 2,608! Wonderful!
Time for a self-imposed sabbatical in order to think and navigate with gratefulness coupled with invigorating work between my home study and Arthur Avenue:
1) …To Reflect and Assess the ‘Spirituality and Work of Heritage – Reverencing Those Who Have Gone Before” across 19 years of gathering, preserving, sustaining, making relevant by heritage curating and teaching on Arthur Avenue...2001 to present as I make notations toward,
2) …A Strategic & integrating way to advance in partnering Arthur Avenue with
a) McNeese State University, Lake Charles, LA, and the University of Louisiana Lafayette Departments of History, English and University Libraries to start…
b) Genealogical and Historical Library, Lake Charles, LA and LA Parish Public Libraries: Acadia, Calcasieu, Cameron, & Jefferson Davis
in order to share the carefully curated & ordered home for students’ study and identification of their personally researched lineage, heritage and history … a ‘Finding My Roots Heritage School!’ Arthur Avenue is bricks-and-mortar with heritage family walls in heritage rooms commensurate with artifacts and memorabilia, heritage ‘paper’ organized in many binders by year, month and date, and has an ongoing heritage electronic footprint on my website www.leadkindlylight.net/HeritageCONNECT
3) …To Complete A Link: ‘Cypress Point, LA 130 Years Later’!
4) …Research: Matriarchal lineage of Basque, French and Swedish descent!
5) …Read: Basque books on the shelf!
6) …Review: All binders (# 321) thinking on website publishing and for genealogical and historical publications!
JANUARY 2019 ~ OUR ANCESTRAL HOME OF ORIGIN IS 115 YEARS OLD BUILT IN 1904. MY ELDEST AND YOUNGEST BROTHERS ARE CO-OWNERS 2001- -PRESENT DAY-LEE JOSEPH MONLEZUN, JR. AND DOMINIQUE JOSEPH MONLEZUN.
OUR PARENTS PURCHASED AND MOVED INTO THE HOME ON THEIR WEDDING DAY 13 AUGUST 1941 WHICH TO THIS DAY IS A CURATED PLACE OF TRADITION, HERITAGE AND LINEAGE. WONDERFUL!
“Each of us has been warmed by fires we did not build.
Each of us has been nourished by wells we did not dig!” Author Unknown