1. Books- in- General!
1. Poem of the Man-God Volumes 1-5 Maria Valtorta
Inscription in Vol. 1: “Bernadette, may your kindly light lead us and teach us the way…and miles to go – Ione Marie December 1990
2. St. Julie (Billiart) and the Joy of Hope ~ St. Mary Linscott, SND (I am an Associate of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Trinity College, Washington, D.C. 1987.)
3. Three Against the Wind Woman of Courage ~ Roseanne Murphy, SNDdeNamur
4. Autumn Gospel Women in the Second Half of Life ~ Kathleen Fisher
5. Out of This World A Woman’s Life Among the Amish ~ Mary Swander
6. Most of All They Taught Me Happiness ~ Robert Muller
7. The Church Visible The Ceremonial Life and Protocol of the Roman Catholic Church 1996 ~ James Charles Noonan, Jr.
8. A Tree Full of Angels – Seeing the Holy in the Ordinary ~ Macrina Wiederkehr, OSB
9. The Imitation of Christ ~ Thomas a Kempis
10. The Interior Castle ~ St .Teresa of Avila
11. G.K. Chesterton Collected Works Vo. 11 St. Francis of Assisi, The Everlasting Man and St. Thomas Aquinas
12. After 50 Spiritually Embracing Your Own Wisdom Years ~ Robert Wicks
13. The Statesman and His Faith Dag Hammarskjold ~ Henry P. Van Dasen
14. Markings ~ Dag Hammarskjold
15. A Gift of God ~ Mother Teresa, at least 20 books read by/about M.T.
16. In Quest of A Vision Sr. Maria Isolina Ferre’s Own Story of Gospel Servanthood Among Puerto Ricans.
After reading this wonderful book and having planned a trip to my husbands’ island home of Caguas, Puerto Rico, I was able to journey to Sr. Isolina’s office where my son and I were graciously received. She signed my book and in it is a photo of she standing next my son, a true treasure!
17. The Gift of Peace ~ Joseph Cardinal Bernardin
18. The Light Within Us ~ Albert Schweitzer
19. Apologia Pro Vita Sua ~ John Henry Newman
20. Kindly Light The Spiritual Vision of John Henry Newman ~ J. Murray Elwood
The sheet music entitled ‘Lead, Kindly Light by Steven C. Warner was given as gift from Sr. Camille Martinez and I have learned it on my autoharp in the key of C!
21. Bill Gates Speaks ~ Janet Lowe Business @ The Speed of Thought, The Road Ahead
22. Ideas and Opinions ~ Albert Einstein
23. A Walk in the Mountains (Lebanon) ~ Ralph & Molly Izzard
24. The Long Loneliness: An Autobiography of Dorothy Day
25. The Cost of Discipleship ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
26. Seeking Perspective Weaving Spirituality & Psychology in Search of Clarity
Robert J. Wicks
27. Aboriginal Art ~ Wally Caruana
When my husband and I drove from Pennsylvania to Panama, Central America (1978 - 7,500 miles!), I fell in love with the bright colors of the fabric and the wonderfully intricate design of the peoples of Mexico and Central America. Then I saw my first mola! Then I discovered Aboriginal art! (I have always been drawn to sstick people art! When I sketch, I sketch hieroglyphs!)
28. Confessions ~ St. Augustine
29. Gratefulness, The Heart of Prayer An Approach to Life in Fullness ~
Bro. David Steindl-Rast
30. Maria Montessori Her Life and Work ~ E. Mortimer Standing
31. Wisdom of the CEO 29 Global Leaders Tackle Today’s Most Pressing Business Challenges…missed the author, Public Library, 26 June 2000
32. Letting Go A Parents Guide To Understanding the College Years!! ~ Coburn & Treeger
33. Beyond Habitat ~ Moshe Safdie
34. A Short History of An Idea HOME ~ Witold Rybczynski
I love to read books on Architecture. I really like adobe and the Spanish design with the interior courtyard and fountain, Study and Design of Interior Space, Indigenous Furniture Making, especially Swedish Country and Shaker and Landscape Architecture focusing on outdoor ‘rooms.’ While residing in Washington, D.C., I frequented the National Building Museum often…purchased an architect’s tie in the gift shop and wear it proudly!!
35. Ordinary Graces Christian Teachings on the Interior Life ~ Lorraine Kisly
36. The Little Brown Book of Business Wisdom ~ Peter Krauss
37. Big Questions Worthy Dreams Mentoring Young Adults In Their Search for Meaning, Purpose and Faith ~ Sharon Daloz Parks
38. The Collected Works of St. Teresa of Avila (Three Volumes) and St. John of the Cross.
39. Booknotes America’s Finest Authors on Reading, Writing and the Power of Ideas ~ Brian Lamb
40. Mental Health in a Mad World ~ James A. Magnes
41. Maximilian Kolbe Saint of Auschwitz ~ Elaine Murray Stone
42. Traits of a Healthy Family ~ Dolores Curran
43. Marrying Well Stages on the Journey of Christian Marriage ~ Evelyn Eaton Whitehead and James D. Whitehead
44. Timelock How Life Got So Hectic and What You Can Do About It ~ Ralph Keyes
45. Ordering Your Private World ~ Gordon MacDonald
46. Leadership in a Successful Parish ~ Thomas Sweetser, S.J. & Carol Wisniewski Holden
47. Seasons of Strength New Visions of Adult Christian Maturing ~ Evelyn Eaton Whitehead and James D. Whitehead
48. The Management of Ministry Leadership, Purpose, Structure, Community ~ James D. Anderson & Ezra Earl Jones
49. The Emerging Laity Returning Leadership to the Community of Faith ~ Evelyn Eaton Whitehead and James D. Whitehead
50. Creative Ministry ~ Henri J..M. Nouwen
51. Clinical Handbook of Pastoral Counseling ~ Edited by Robert J. Wicks, Richard D. Parsons & Donald E. Capps
52. Called to Parish Ministry Identity, Challenges, and Spirituality of Lay Ministers ~ Greg Dues & Barbara Walkley
53. Community of Faith Models and Strategies for Developing Christian Communities ~ Evelyn Eaton Whitehead and James D. Whitehead
54. Secrets of the Saints ~ Henri Ghéon
55. Saints for Now ~ Edited by Clare Booth Luce
56. My absolute favorite is The Cure D’Ars, St. Jean-Marie Baptiste Vianney (1786-1859) ~ Abbe Francis Trochu. I just secured Saint Bernadette Soubirous by Abbe Trochu at the recommendation of my teacher and friend, Rev. Donald Pelous.
57. Philosophy of Religion The Impact of Modern Knowledge on Religion ~ Fulton J. Sheen
58. The Holy Man of Tours The Life of Leo Dupont ~ Dorothy Scallan
I’m fascinated by the ‘Holy Veil of Veronica’ and am in pursuit of more information on this beautiful Devotion to the Holy Face!
59. Modern Saints Their Lives and Faces, Volumes One & Two ~ Ann Ball
60. Milestones ~ Joseph Ratzinger Memoirs 1927-1977
61. Padre Pio The Stigmatist ~ Rev. Charles Mortimer Carty
62. Padre Pio Man of Hope ~ Renzo Allegri
63. Experiencing Lourdes An Intimate View of the Miraculous Shrine and Its Pilgrims ~ Stephen Grosso
64. I Married Adventure ~ Osa Johnson
65. The Fifth Discipline The Art and Practice of The Learning Organization ~
Peter M. Senge
66. How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization ~ Thomas E. Woods, Jr., Ph.D
67. Christian Spirituality in the Catholic Tradition ~ Jordan Aumann
68. The New Dictionary of Thoughts A Cyclopedia of Quotations (1955!) ~
Tryon Edwards, D.D., C.N. Catrevas, A.B. and Jonathan Edwards, A.M.
69. The Cedar of Lebanon ~ John Cosgrove, Catholic Family Book Club, Copyright 1965.
One of my absolute favorites! Thank you Sr. Collette Trahan for this priceless gift!
70. Holiness for Housewives (and other working women) ~ Dom Hubert Van Zeller
An absolute favorite, absolutely!!
71. The Treasury of Catholic Wisdom ~ John A. Hardon, S.J. Twenty Centuries of the Spirit and Substance of Catholicism! Wonderful!!
72. Splendor in the Ordinary Your Home as a Holy Place ~ Thomas Howard
73. My Life with the Saints ~ James Martin, S.J.
74. Spirit of Fire The Life and Vision of Teilhard de Chardin ~ Ursula King
75. Fire Within St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross and the Gospel on Prayer ~ Thomas Dubay, S.M.
76. The Tattered Heart ~ Mary Diane Langford, C.D.P.
77. Everyday Spirituality A Practical Guide to Spiritual Growth ~ Robert J. Wicks
78. Directory of the Sisters of Providence of Portieux Containing the works written for them by Father Moye, Priest, Apostolic Missionary, their Founder
79. Abandonment to Divine Providence ~ Jean-Pierre De Caussade
80. Contemplatives in Action the Jesuit Way ~ William A Barry & Robert G. Doherty, S.Js.
81. The Circle of Mountains A Basque Shepherding Community ~ Sandra Ott, Ph.D
82. Basque Anthropological Culture Perspectives ~ William A. Douglass, Ph.D and Joseba Zulaika, Ph.D
83. The Joy of Full Surrender ~ Jean-Pierre de Caussade
84. The Practice of the Presence of God ~ Brother Lawrence
85. Forgiveness One Step at a Time ~ Rev. Joseph F. Sica
86. The Way The Essential Classic of Opus Dei’s Founder ~ Josemaría Escrivá
87. The Art of Pilgrimage The Seeker’s Guide to Making Travel Sacred ~ Phil Cousineau
88. The Fathers of the Church An Introduction to the First Christian Teachers ~
89. A Theological Anthropology ~ Hans Urs Von Balthasar
90. John Henry Newman His Inner Life ~ Dr. Zeno, Capuchin
91. Bernadette Speaks A Life of Saint Bernadette Soubirous in Her Own Words Rene Laurentin
92. On The Road ~ Charles Kuralt
93. A Little Catechism of the Curé of Ars by St. John Vianney
94. Pope John XX11 Journal of A Soul ~ Translated by Dorothy White
95. How To Make A Good Confession A Pocket Guide to Reconciliation with God ~ Rev. John A. Kane
96. The Life of Man with God ~ Thomas Verner Moore, Carthusian
97. The Apostles Illustrated Edition ~ Pope Benedict XVI
98. The Joy of Pilgrimage ~ Lori Erickson
99. The Road Ahead ~ Bill Gates
100. Straws from the Crib ~ Joseph E. Manton, C.SS.R.
101. The Grace of the Rosary Scripture, Contemplation, and the Claim of the Kingdom of God ~ Father David P. Reid, sscc
102. The Spirit of the Curé of Ars ~ Alfred Monnin
103. The Sermons of the Curé of Ars ~ Translated by Una Morrissy
104. Life’s Purpose ~ Wisdom from John Henry Newman
105. Benjamin Franklin: the autobiography and other writings
106. The Cave of John the Baptist The Stunning Archaeological Discovery That Has Redefined Christian History ~ Shimon Gibson
107. The Day Christ Died ~ Jim Bishop
108. Francis de Sales, Jane de Chantal Letters of Spiritual Direction
109. The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything A Spirituality for Real Life~
James Martin, S.J.
110. Ordinary Work, Extraordinary Grace My Spiritual Journey in Opus Dei~
111. Spiritual Guide for Christian Living A Retreat for Lay People~ Ronald A. Knox
112. Orthodoxy G.K. Chesterton Introduction by Philip Yancy
113. Mamma’s Enchanted Supper and other Stories for the long evenings of Advent A Memoir ~ Carol DeChant
114. Story of a Soul The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux Third Edition Translated from the Original Manuscripts by John Clarke,O.C.D.
115. Sister Wendy on Prayer ~ Sister Wendy Beckett Book 1
116. Messenger The Legacy of Mattie J.T. Stepanek Jeni Stepanek
117. The Spiritual Autobiography of Charles De Foucauld Jean-Francois Six, Editor
118. Signs of Life 40 Catholic Customs and Their Biblical Roots Scott Hahn
Gwendolyn Clare Gauthreaux-Sherburne, my first cousin, purchased this book and waited in a long line for an inscription from Dr. Hahn after his lecture in Montgomery, AL on 27 April 2013. She uttered to him “My cousin, Bernadette, walks with you in her ear every morning after Mass and said for me to tell you that you and she are growing old together; that she couldn’t walk without you! Thank you for writing!!” His inscription with signature... “You’re welcome!!!” I really think the man might have been speechless!! I constantly watch for him on EWTN and learn so very much from everything that pours forth from his mouth!!! Recently while seated next to a religious she shared with me that her sister is in his parish and that they are the most wonderful, ordinary and humble of families serving in every parish ministry where help is needed!! God bless them all!
119. Veronica’s Veil Autobiography of a Carmelite Nun Sister Mary of St. Peter Translated by Rev. Emeric Scallan, S.T.B.
120. Forty Years Missionary in Arkansas Father E.J. Weibel 1853 - 1934 by Sister M. Agnes, O.S.B.
121. Peace I Know Udochukwu Vincent Ogbuji (Fr. Udo!) ~ Chaplain Olivetan Benedictine Sisters, Holy Angels Convent, Jonesboro, AR 20 July 2013
122. Happy Are You Poor The Simple Life and Spiritual Freedom Thomas Dubay
123. Little Talks with God St. Catherine of Siena
124. Walk in a Relaxed Manner Life Lessons from The Camino Joyce Rupp
My nephew, Nique, and I are planning to walk The Camino/Santiago de Compostela (across northern Spain) in a few years therefore let us begin this pilgrimage with a little reading!! It should help the resolve!
125. Saint Thomas Aquinas “The Dumb Ox” G.K. Chesterton
126. Pope Francis Why He Leads the Way He Leads Lessons from the First Jesuit Pope Chris Lowney
127. Edison Inventing the Century A Biography by Neil Baldwin
128. Mother Angelica The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles Raymond Arroyo
129. The Art of Praying The Principles and Methods of Christian Prayer
130. Ordinary Work, Ordinary Grace My Spiritual Journey in Opus Dei
131. Go! You Are Sent An incredible odyssey of faith Genie Summers
132. The Grace of Ars Fr. Frederick Miller
I just can’t read enough about St. John Mary Vianney, the Curé de Ars!
133. Notre Dame in the New World: A Vision Realized The study of Nineteenth Century America and its reality for the first Sisters of Notre Dame in America By Sister Louanna Orth, SNDdeN
134. The History of the Sisters of Divine Providence San Antonio, TX
Sister Mary Generosa Callahan, C.D.P.
135. Sr. Wendy on Prayer (Sr. Wendy Beckett, Hermit) Book 2
136. Torn Justin Lee
137. Saint John Paul the Great His Five Loves Jason Evert
138. Saints for Now Edited by Clare Luce Booth, 1952
139. Einstein His Life and Universe Walter Isaacson
140. My Brother, the Pope Georg Ratzinger As told to Michael Hesemann
141. Pope John XXlll A Spiritual Biography Christian Feldman
This wonderful Saint keeps crossing my desk, book after book and thought after thought…I love him!
142. Genius Born of Anquish The Life and Legacy of Henri Nouwen
Michael W. Higgins & Kevin Burns
143. Becoming Who You Are James Martin, SJ
144. Antonio’s Will A Story of Sacrifice, Love, Tragedy and Injustice
A Historical Novel by Yasmin Tirado-Chiodini
145. Antonio’s Grace An Island’s Plea for a Native Son Book Two of the Antonio Series by Yasmin Tirado-Chiodini
146. Albert Schweitzer: Out of My Life and Thought
147. The Gift of Saint John Paul ll A Celebration of His Enduring Legacy
Cardinal Donald Wuerl, Archbishop of Washington
148. Wind, Sand and Stars Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
149. The Strangest Way Walking the Christian Path Robert Barron
150. Personal History Katherine Graham
151. The Solace of Fierce Landscapes Exploring Desert and Mountain Spirituality Belden C. Lane
152. The Geography of God’s Mercy Stories of Compassion and Forgiveness
Patrick Hannon, CSC. Read during an upper respiratory infection assault that lasted for weeks and Fr. Hannon surely helped the medicine go down! Wonderful!
153. The Mount Athos Diet Richard Storey, Sue Todd and Lottie Storey
154. A Family Farm in Tuscany Sarah Fioroni…absolutely delightful!
155. Pilgrimage Exploring a Great Spiritual Practice Edward Sellner
156. The Way Furrow The Forge St. Josemaría Escrivá
157. My Life with Karol My Forty-Year Friendship with the May Who Became Pope Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz in Conversation with Gian Franco Svidercoschi
158. Special Commemorative Edition TIME Mother Teresa at 100 The Life and Works of a Modern Saint….inhaled the week prior to Mother’s canonization Sunday 04 September 2016!!
159. Such a Vision of the Street Mother Teresa – The Spirit and the Work
160. Something Beautiful for God Mother Teresa of Calcutta Malcolm Muggeridge
161. Mother Teresa A Complete Authorized Biography Kathryn Spinks
162. The Rosary in Space and Time Ruth Rees
163. Unfinished Business One’s Mans Extraordinary Year or Trying To Do The Right Things Lee Kravitz…wonderful!!
164. Dairy of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska Divine Mercy in My Soul
165. Food In History…Prehistoric World to the Modern World 1800 to the Present Day Reay Tannahill
166. Travelers Along the Way The Men and Women who shaped my life… Benedict J. Groeschel, C.F.R.
167. Transformation in Christ On the Christian Attitude Dietrich Von Hildebrand
168. Why The Mystics Matter Now…Frederick Bauerschmidt
169. Sam Walton The Inside Story of the World’s Richest Man Vance H. Trimble
170. A Catholic Guide to the Bible Father Oscar Lukefahr, C.M.
171. The Quotable Fulton Sheen A Topical Compilation of the Wit, Wisdom, and attire of Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen Edited by George J. Marlin, Richard P. Rabatin and John L. Swan
172. Martin of Tours Soldier Bishop Saint Régine Pernoud
173. The Great Bridge The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge
174. Einstein The Passions of a Scientist Barry Parker
175. Rise Let Us Be On Our Way John Paul ll
176. My Brother, the Pope Georg Ratzinger As told to Michael Hesemann
177. The Life and Times of Fulton J. Sheen America’s Bishop Thomas C. Reeves
178. Death Comes For The Archbishop Willa Cather
179. Angels Coming Down M. Jacqueline DeRouen
180. The Wright Brothers David McCullough Wonderful!
181. The American Spirit David McCullough
182. John Adams David McCullough Wonderful! Wonderful!
183. Building a Bridge How the Catholic Church and the LGBT Community Can enter into a Relationship of Respect, Compassion, and Sensitivity James Martin, S.J.
184. The Path Between the Seas The Creation of the Panama Canal 1870-1914 David McCollough…love this author whom I want as a grandfather!!
185. Faith Of Our Mothers The Stories of Presidential Mothers from Mary Washington to Barbara Bush Harold J. Gullan Absolute wonderful reading!
186. Steve Jobs Walter Isaacson
187. The Innovators How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution Walter Isaacson Great idea book as I contemplate a program for all: “Heritage: Hang It All On The Family Wall!!”
188. Leap of Faith Memoirs of an Unexpected Life Queen NOOR Couldn’t put it down!
189. The Widow of Clicquot The Story of a Champagne Empire and the Woman Who Ruled It Tilar J. Mazzo This book was picked up by my son while visiting a champagne/wine shop in Ashville, NC. I picked it up while visiting and read it in three days! Love interesting and fascinating historical times and characters and this is certainly one!
190. Personal Notes Bernadette Soubirous Tis a tiny little BIG book gathered up by my sister Constance Victoria and her husband Victor Wayne while on pilgrimage in Lourdes, France 2018.
191. A Reporter’s Life Walter Cronkite
192. Hammarskjold A life Roger Lipsey
193. Edith Stein The Untold Story of the Philosopher and Mystic Who Lost Her Life in the Death Camps of Auschwitz Waltraud Herbstrith. O. C. D.
194. The Cloud of Unknowing Anonymous Edited by Bernard Bangley
195. Hurting In The Church A Way Forward for Wounded Catholics Father Thomas Berg
196. Streams of Contentment Robert J. Wicks
197. Life Is Worth Living The Most Reverend Fulton J. Sheen, D.D.
My father loved this man! He gathered us in the back room where he and mom lead us in a decade of the rosary then turned on the T.V. and there we sat enthralled as we watched the cape and all. I still do with those marvelous reruns! Thank you Blessed Sheen!
198. Onward How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul
Howard Schultz with Joanne Gordon
199. Weaving the Web THE ORIGINAL DESIGN and ULTIMATE DESTINY of the WORLD WIDE WEB BY ITS INVENTOR
Tim Berners-Lee with Mark Fischetti
200. Working Researching, Interviewing, Writing Robert A. Caro
201. Yesterday, Today, and Forever Maria von Trapp
202. Edith Stein A Biography The Untold Story of the Philosopher and Mystic Who Lost Her Life in the Death Camps of Auschwitz Waltraud Herbstrith, O.C.D.
203. Auditions A Memoir Barbara Walters
204. What’s So Good About Tough Times Stories of People Refined by Difficulty! Wonderful Read!
Geraldine Brooks, historical fiction … wonderful reads!
205. 1- ‘People of the Book’ …read while in North Carolina!
206. 2- ‘Caleb’s Crossing’…Geraldine Books #2 and could not put ‘Caleb’ aside!
207. 3- ‘March’ A Novel…’Geraldine’ and I are on a first name basis!!
208. 4- ‘Foreign Correspondence’ A Pen Pals Journey From Down
Under To All Over Geraldine Brooks…it’s called summer reading!
5- ‘Year of Wonders’ Lady Brooks!!
209. Educated A Memoir Tara Westover
210. The Moment of Lift How Empowering Women Changes the World Melinda Gates
211. A Woman of No Importance The Untold Story of Virginia Hall WW II’s Most Dangerous Spy Sonia Purnell … my sister Constance Victoria sent this exciting tome to me and I told her of Geraldine Brooks sending her ‘March’!!
212. Travels with Charley In Search of America John Steinbeck
213. The Snowball Warren Buffet and the Business of Life Alice Schroeder
214. My Heart will Triumph Mirjana Soldo
215. My Sisters the Saints A Spiritual Memoir Colleen Carroll Campbell
216. The Apparitions of Our Lady at Medjugorje Svetozar Kraljevic, O.F.M.
217. MEDJUGORJE The Message Wayne Weible…I interviewed this gentle gentlemen in 1990 and he inscribed in his book after asking the name of my son: Antoine – “Pray and listen to your earthly mother and your Spiritual mother, Wayne” Beautiful Mr. Weible died in 2018. This is 2019 and I am reading this heavenly tome.
218. O Pioneers! Willa Cather! Wonderful!
219. One of Ours Willa Cather! Wonderful!
220. Father Elijah An Apocalypse Michael O’Brien…read in two days; Hector had to make the beds and cook!!
221. Island of the World A Novel Michael O’Brien…could not put this incredible book down reading and reading and reading…
222. The Father’s Tale…A Novel Michael O’Brien... for this one consulted a world map as I followed the protagonist across the world! Wonderful read!
223. The Fisherman’s Tomb The True Story of the Vatican’s Secret Search John O’Neill
224. The American Story Conversations with Master Historians David M. Rubenstein
225. On the Edge of Infinity A Biography of Michael D. O’Brien Clemens Cavallin
226. Theophilos A Novel Michael D. O/Brien
227. Strangers and Sojourners A Novel Michael O’Brien
228. Plaque Journal A Novel Michael O’Brien
229. My Life in France Julia Child with Alex Prud’homme
230. Eclipse of the Sun A Novel Michael O’Brien
231. Libraries in the Ancient World Lionel Casson
232. Elijah in Jersalem Michael O’Brien
233. Cry of the Stone A Novel Michael O’Brien…last of the series. What an ingenious, sensitive, spiritual writer. I miss him already!! I must reread all!
234. The Shoes of the Fisherman Morris L. West’s towering novel of the modern Papacy
235. I Am Malala The Girl Who Stood Up For Education and Was Shot By The Taliban Malala Yousafzie with Christina Lamb
236. The Library Book Susan Orlean…A wonderful read during the COVID-19 2020 pandemic…and all the following!!
237.The Hidden Pope THE UNTOLD STORY OF A LIFELONG FRIENDSHIP THAT IS CHANGING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CATHOLICS AND JEWS
THE PERSONAL JOUNEY OF JOHN PAUL 11 AND JERZY KLUGER
238. Sailing True North Ten Admirals and the Voyage of Character
Admiral James Stavridis, USN (Ret.) My paternal great-grandmother, Louisa Thomasina Peterson, was the granddaughter of Admiral Carl Von Norden-Skiold b. 1791 in Sweden. I have placed this wonderful ‘Voyage of Character’ book below her picture in our 116 year old ancestral home of origin (1904) in gratitude and respect 229 years after the Admiral’s birth!
239. His Holiness John Paul 11 and the Hidden History of Our Time Carl Berstein and Marco Politi
240. The Story of My Life Helen Keller with Supplementary Accounts by Anne Sullivan, her teacher and John Mac
241. Julie Andrews Home A Memoir of My Early Years
242. Lindberg A. Scott Berg
243. The Only Plane in the Sky An Oral History of 9/11 Garrett M. Graff
244. The Greater Journey Americans in Paris David McCullough\
245. River Road Moments Growing up in the 1930’s and 1940’s Gerard Arthur Becnel.
246. Shadows on the Rock Willa Cather
247. Yesterday, Today, and Forever Maria Von Trapp
248. The American Story: Conversations with Master Historians David Rubenstein
249. The Weight of Ink A Novel Rachel Kadish
250. Meet Me at the Museum A Novel Anne Youngson
251. Grace Hopper Admiral of the Cyber Sea Kathleen Broome Williams0
252. Voyage to Alpha Centauri A Novel Michael D. O’Brien
253. The Fool of New York City A Novel Michael D. O’Brien
254. The Story of St. Ann Roger Baudier
255. Joshua and the City Joseph F. Girzone
256. One Hundred Years of Solitude Gabriel Garcíá Márquez
257. The Life of Faustina Kowalska The Authorized Biography Sister Sophia Michaleno, C.M.G.T.
Absolutely love this venue in gifting for others; everyone wins
for ‘to know Him is to love Him is to serve Him and
to be happy with Him in this life and the next!’
Upon request, audiocassettes galore (Really! Audiocassettes!! Keep reading!!) were given to me by Sr. Eileen Sweeney S.N.D de N. of Trinity University, Washington, D.C.. They are of lectures for the ‘Education for Parish Service Program’ over a three year period. The majority of tapes are of Fr. David Reid, SS.CC. and Sr. Mary Ann Cook, SNDdN. Other audiocassettes were gifts from my mentor, pastor, teacher and friends, Msgr. Irving A. DeBlanc and Fr. Donald Pelous and others acquired over time.
My brisk walk after Mass is learning time with these wonderful tapes/CDs in my ear and mindfully engaged while feet trod! A few listed …
1. A Journey Into Faith: The Spirituality of Thomas Merton Talks by:
John Eudes Bamberger O.C.S.O., Henri Nouwen and David Steindl-Rast O.S.B.
2. Thomas Merton Tapes (His Lectures at Abbey of Gethsamani! Wonderful!)
3. Going on Retreat with Fr. Brian Mullady
4. Back to Basics by Fr. Brian Mullady (Understanding Catholic Faith Through the Apostles Creed…)
5. A Tour of the Catechism Fr. Brian Mullady
6. The Nature and Person of Christ Fr. Brian Mullady, O.P.
7. An Evangelization Retreat Live Fr. Brian Mullady
8. History of the Catholic Church Fr. Charles Conner
9. Veritatis Splendor The Splendor of Truth Fr. George Rutler
10. The Apologetics of St. Thomas Aquinas with Mark McNeil
11. The Answers to the Seven Burdens of Life Based on the Seven Last Words of Christ Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
12. Living the Call of Peace Fr. Benedict Groeschel
13. A Biblical Understanding of Mary Scott Hahn
14. The Gospel of Mark Dr. Scott Hahn
15. The Sermon on the Mount by Scott Hahn
16. The First Epistle of Peter A Bible Study with Scott Hahn
17. Eternal Life presents…His Eminence, Francis Cardinal Arinze “The Liberating Power of the Catholic Church” & Father John A. Hardon, S.J., S.T.D. “…Not Only Will They Not be Saved” …responsibility as a Catholic in today’s world. Absolutely powerful!
18. “The Bible Says What?” Dealing with Difficult Scripture Passages
Rev. J. Patrick Mullen, S.T.L., Ph.D.
19. The New Testament: A Guided Tour Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D.
20. The Trinity Exploring the Great Christian Mystery Fr. John Farrelly, OSB
21. God and Nature in Western Thought from the Dark Ages to the Enlightenment David J. Collins, S.J., Ph.D.
22. The Gospel of Mark Fr. John R. Donahue, S.J.
23. St .Augustine: Life, Eloquence and Theology Fr. William Harmless, S.J.
24. Themes of the Gospel of John John Sanford
25. The Eagle’s Flight John Sanford
26. The Great Courses Philosophy & Intellectual History The Ethics of Aristotle Father Joseph Koterski, S.J.
27. Letter of St. Paul to the Romans It’s Message for Today’s Church Fr. Stephen Doyle, ofm, S.S.L.
28. The Book of Job as a Drama Rev. Lawrence J. Boadt, csp, SSD
29. The Book of Daniel and Biblical Apocalyptic for the Millennium
Rev. Lawrence J. Boadt, C.S.P.
30. Discovering the Power of Genesis Rev. Lawrence J. Boadt, C.S.P., STD
31. The Book of Three Ages Isaiah Rev. Lawrence J. Boadt, csp, S.S.D.
32. Prophecy in the Old Testament Part One Carroll Stuhlmueller, CP
33. Finding the God Within The Message of Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity Margaret Dorgan, DCM
34. Failure of the Liturgical Reform Abbot Boniface Luykx
35. Welcome to the Catholic Church on CD-Rom
36. Therese An Intimate Companion Bishop Patrick V. Ahern
37. St. Therese of Lisieux A Triduum Bishop Patrick V. Ahern
38. God in the Human Story Through the Eyes of Thesese of Lisieux
Sr. Vilma Seelaus, ocd
39. Making Sense Out Of Suffering Dr. Scott Hahn
40. Why Do We Have A Pope? Dr. Scott Hahn
41. The True Meaning of Christmas Archbishop Fulton Sheen
42. The True Meaning of Easter Archbishop Fulton Sheen
43. Signs of Life Catholic Customs and their Biblical Roots Dr. Scott Hahn
44. Abba or Allah Important Differences Between Catholicism and Islam
Dr. Scott Hahn
45. A Journey Through Advent Fr. Robert Barron
46. Who Do You Say That I Am? The Four Great Expectations of the Messiah
Fr. Robert Barron
47. Following The Call of Christ Biblical Stories of Conversion
Fr. Robert Barron
48. Seven Deadly Sins Seven Lively Virtues Fr. Robert Barron
49. A Retreat with Teilhard Chardin Fr. Donald Goergen, O.P., Ph.D., 6 Conferences on 3 CD’s
2020 I donated the above cassette tapes to our Parish library!
Will cease fire for now for I want to read, read, read!!!